The summit will take place March 27-28, 2017, at the Brooklyn Marriott Hotel, offering three focused tracks all shaped to uncover the real potential for CR to drive profit, accelerate growth and change culture.
CR magazine spoke with Krina Amin, head of strategy at Ethical Corporation, about the summit and what it means for sustainability and CR today.
CR: Why are events—like the Responsible Business Summit—important for CR professionals to attend today?
Krina Amin: #RBSNY will give the most senior networking opportunity possible. We lead our conferences with the newest ideas and case studies out there, and take pride in our in-depth research to pinpoint the brands that are doing the most impactful work to share their learnings. In our most senior line-up to date, we have the largest number of CEOs and leaders sharing their responsible business vision from North America's most inspiring and innovative brands.
CR: Can you explain how the summit will discuss how CR drives profit and shapes strategy?
KA: We’re not afraid to talk about what doesn’t work as much as what does! Sessions are practical with live polling and interactive questions driven help you implement ideas into real life steps.
CR: How can CR accelerate growth, change culture and drive purpose?
KA: Through effectively delivering the business case, gathering the right data and pitching this to the right people. Corporate fluff is not enough. CR need to evidence their work and show that this can help business profits and contribute to a holistic sustainable business model
Companies attending the event include Coca Cola, Heineken, HSBC, Salesforce, Bacardi, Oracle, The New York Times, Vita Coco, Dell, Adobe, Salesforce, Bloomberg, VF Corporation, and more. Topics include how to:
- Use data innovation to make the business case: How PepsiCo’s senior director of sustainability reporting transforms data capabilities to drive the CSR agenda;
- Secure funding for CR: Hear Metlife’s vice president of communications sells his findings to secure CR buy in and ensure the right senior people get the right message;
- Accelerate growth through technology: How Fossil Group’s vice president and global head of sustainability turns environmental waste into new revenue streams in the latest circular economy opportunities;
- Measure employee engagement: How Timberland engages employees with the right sell; and
- Succeed in partnerships: PYXERA Global’s CEO judges a live 'Partnership X-factor' on how transformative partnerships can be.